Saturday, February 16, 2013

You Give Love A Bad Name

If you have to ask if this song is directed towards you, it's not.  It's only directed towards one person, and I'm pretty darn sure you know who you are.


An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free

You're a loaded gun
There's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

[Chorus:]
Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
You give love a bad name

Paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy's dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye

You're a loaded gun
There's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

[Chorus]
Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
You give love a bad name



To a certain person: you definitely give love a bad name.


Note: I obviously don't own this song....credit for this goes to Bon Jovi.

4 comments:

  1. Huh, wonder where you got the idea for THIS song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Is War -- Scorpions

      I'm a man [or is it woman in your case?]
      Trying to understand
      The reason I'm lost in this world
      Tonight
      I was blind
      I just couldn't see the signs
      Caught in your web of lies

      It's too dark to sleep
      Too late to pray
      Too hard to reach
      Too much to save

      You were once a friend to me
      Now you are my enemy
      Passion turns to hate and you make
      Hate worth fighting for
      I will re-write history
      And you will not exist to me
      On the day you crossed the line
      I found out love is war

      Life goes by
      Faster than lightning strikes
      Crashes before you can say
      Goodbye

      Too scared to run
      Too proud to hide
      Too far to fall
      Too high to climb

      You were once a friend to me
      Now you are my enemy
      Passion turns to hate and you make
      Hate worth fighting for
      I will re-write history
      And you will not exist to me
      On the day you crossed the line
      I found out love is war

      I laid down my defenses
      I opened up the door
      I gave you what you wanted
      I couldn't give you more
      And I gave you everything
      You said it's all or nothing
      To you it's just a game
      A game you're never losing

      You were once a friend to me
      Now you are my enemy
      Passion turns to hate and you make
      Hate worth fighting for
      I will re-write history
      And you will not exist to me
      On the day you crossed the line
      I found out love is war
      You were once a friend to me
      Now you are my enemy
      Passion turns to hate and you make
      Hate worth fighting for
      I will re-write history
      And you will not exist to me
      On the day you crossed the line
      I found out love is war
      Found out love is war

      While I DON'T recommend following this song's advice, it is a pretty great song and goes with Bon Jovi's quite well. Hope you forgive me for posting it here.

      Delete
  2. Lol. Of course I forgive you. It really does fit. Though I have to say...I'm in a much better mood than I was when I posted this song. Almost wondering if I should delete this post. Actually, wondering if I should delete all the posts from last week....none of them are all that great..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't. I think it's important to keep reminders of what we want to avoid. Think of the Nephites- they constantly forgot their past problems and went back to coveting riches and costly apparel. If they had kept a memento around to remind them of their trials, maybe they wouldn't always be so quick to repeat mistakes.

      In your case, maybe reminding yourself of the things you said you now kinda regret will keep you from saying them again. As long as you reconcile with those you spoke badly about, it shouldn't matter what you posted in the past.

      Delete